Eye Care Community

I'm worried about my corneal abrasion.

My eye was scratched like 3 days ago and they said it should be healed within 2 or 3 days. This is the 3rd day and I have 2 more days to take the drops. I still am experiencing a little pain, my eye is still red and swollen. Also, my vision is blurry. Please help. I have never been more worried in my life.
Corneal abrasions do not heal as fast as most people think.  The outer layer of the cornea (epithelium) is held on to the middle layer (stroma) by vertical pieces of tissue like tie rods hold a house on the foundation. They are called hemidesmosomes.  They take best case 6 weeks to reform. So the cornea is not as strong as before the abrasion for 6 weeks. Part of the cornea can tear off (recurrent corneal erosions).   Our ophthalmology office generally examines patients every day till the outer epithelial layer is smooth. So you should be seeing an Eye MD ophthalmologist or at least a non-MD optometrist daily. If you were treated at an ER you need to get in to see Eye MD or O.D.   The outer layer can also heal faulty and this can only be determined by the use of the specialized eye exam instruments like eye slit-lamp (biomicroscope)