Eye Care Community

Intense burning eye

Hello, I am 19 year old. This morning I woke up to an intense burning on the right outer corner of my eye, it started up very gradually and eventually led to a feeling as if my eye was about to explode. I noticed unusual pink on the outer corner reaching almost to the Iris of my eye. It seems to ease the pain if I don't move my eye around a lot. I tried flushing out with water, which made it worse. My left eye also seems to have mild symptoms to these. Oh I'm a daily contact lens user. I suspect it may be dry eye, but I've never experienced such a pain.
Contact the professional that fit your contacts and leave your contacts out. 90+% of the time this is a contact lens related problem. To continue to wear them chances serious damage to the eyes until you are examined.
JCH MD