Eye Care Community

Irritating pulse feeling in my eyes

Hi I am 18 and have lived with Nystagmus (rapid vibration of the eyes) since I was born. It has never bothered me in any way, i have never been able to feel it or let it effect my vision. However in the past 6 or 7 months, i have had small burst of pulsation in my eyes. At first it was rare and i thought it was stress related but i have cut out on caffeine by ALOT gotten much more sleep and relaxed alot more but it is getting worse every day. Sometimes I am unable to walk without it bothering me to the point of me having to stop and i feel dizzy frequently and sometimes can barely tell im all there due to a hazy feeling. It has pulsated 3 times just typing this. If anyone has ANY suggestions please let me know im going crazy
I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist, ideally a neuro-ophthalmologist for an exam/evaluation. Ask your neurologist for a referral or find one at www.geteyesmart.org

JCH MD