Eye Care Community

Is it Corneal Neovascularization?

I wear contacts for roughly 12 hours a day, 5 times a week. Recently, I came across an article about corneal neovascularization and realised that my left eye does have tiny little blood vessels surrounding my iris. On days which I don't wear lenses, the blood vessels are less obvious.

Due to the nature of work, glasses are very inconvenient for me. I tried reading up for the symptoms of corneal neovascularization but failed to find any. Anyone has any idea if I do have corneal neovascularization?
It is only possible to make that diagnosis by having an ophthalmologist or optometrist examine your eye with the eye biomicroscope (slit lamp).  You should be under the care of an Eye MD or optom who fits your contacts and evaluates your eye yearly.  Severe corneal NV can cause problems with LASIK surgery or cataract/IOL surgery. NV is generally a sign of contact lens over wear, poor fit, improper care and wear.