Eye Care Forum

Jogging and previous retinal detachment

I'm 51 and previously had partial blockage in one eye from high blood pressure. There followed a retinal detachment which could not be repaired. In the other eye I have partial blockage but I can still legally drive and function using the good eye.

I still have flashes in the good eye and floaters but the vision seems relatively stable. I am very careful with stress and physical jarring. I've lost about 70 lbs and the blood pressure is coming down.

Now I want to jog again, maybe on soft surfaces.

I'm looking for an opinion other than my primary eye doctor.

Thank you.
I am not sue what you mean by partial blockage.  The answer to your question depends on whether or not you have had a vitreous detachment in the good eye, and whether or not there are any peripheral retinal lesions which could increase the risk of a retinal detachment and which need to be treated with laser.  I would see a retina specialist to be sure jogging is safe for you.  Congratulations on the 70 pound weight loss!  
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.