Lattice degeneration

I was diagnosed yesterday with Lattice Degeneration. I was inquiring to see if I could have surgery now to fix the problem so I wouldn't have a problem later on when I get much older. I am a 37 year old female with no health problems other than this. I would rather take care of this now if I could rather than wait for something to happen.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Lattice occurs in about 8 to 10% of the population.  If you have acute symptoms you should have treatment.  There is a 5% complication rate with laser.   The chance of having a retinal tear with detachment is much less.

Dr. O.
Could staring at a computer cause lattice degeneration?  I am 57 years old and have never had an eye problem.  Had a large floater and was diagnosed with lattice degeneration and treated with laser by a retinal specialist.  I am traveling and worrying about the follow-up care needed.
What are the side effects. The laser was given three weeks ago.  
Should I worrry about it?  Can't get to a doctor until the middle of September.   Thanks for your response.