Eye Care Forum

Lesion under eye

I have eye allergies environmental/fragrance etc., however about 2 months ago I woke up and scaped my underneath eye skin by trying to remove dry eye sleep.  The kind of scratchy scrap is tiny about the 2 cm and it is like a superficial small burn that doesn't heal.  I got it however after I went to my daughters in Missouri.  Her son has eczema and other severe skin allergies and we both became sick from coughing and sinuses plus skin irritations it seemed.  She used a special soap and washing powder.  Anyway that was Thanksgiving and I still have the lesion under left eye.  I have tried vaseline, neosporin, and now anti itch meds.  It seems to remain stable without any change.  It will have tiny white flakes occasionally.  thks
Sorry about your problem. Here's a just a few thoughts.  First don't use neosporin - it has a very high allergy rate especially on the eyelid.  Second, make an appointment with an ophthalmologist to evaluate the involved area.  It could be anything from blepharitis to acne rosacia, to excema, to basal cell carcinoma.  In the meantime try not to put any allergy creams or antibiotic oinments untill you find out what you have.  If this is a 2cm lesion then you really need to have it looked at.

MJK MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.