Eye Care Community

Lexapro and eye health

So, I may be going on a 10mg dose of Lexapro for anxiety issues.  I will be discussing with my eye md when I get in for my checkup in a few months, but curious of your opinion if there are any effects to be watchful of in relation to eye health?  I have read a few articles where IOP could increase and should be monitored.  I wonder how closely it should be monitored - annually or more frequent?  In your much valued opinion, is there anything else I should be aware of (especially since I have had a vitrectomy for RD repair in both eyes, the latest being 9 months ago)?  Thanks, Jim
Lexapro would be unlikely to hurt your eye and very helpful with your anxiety. Some patients complain of dry mouth and dry eye. Artificial tears help eye.  The glaucoma warning is only for eyes that are much shorter than normal and prone to a type of angle closure glaucoma. If you eye MDs thought you had this type of eye they would not dilate your eye.  Also I think you are myopic and this problem only occurs in farsighted people (hyperopic).