Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.8k Members

Meibomitis and dry eyes

I am suffering from meibomitis since around 4 year and having bump (no pain )under upper eyelid of right side.i have consulted many ophthalmologist who suggested various drops and antibiotics like doxycyline but nothing helps . my eyes feels more dry and that bump is still there. can you please suggest any medicine to cure this problem .Thank You.
1 Responses
177275 tn?1511758844
Dry eyes and meibomian gland disease (MGD) are chronic problems which one seeks to CONTROL and they aren't for CURE.  Both have been discussed many times here. use the search feature and read the many posts about dry eyes and blepharitis.  Read the postings on my blog on same.
There is new treatment available for  MGD which is very effective. Its a prescription eyelid cleaner called Avenova  see http://www.ophthalmologymanagement.com/articleviewer.aspx?articleID=112454  
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.