Eye Care Community

Moist eye compress and floaters

I was diagnosed with meibomian gland dysfunction and had a Blephex treatment. After care is hot compresses on eyes twice a day for 5 minutes followed by eyelid scrub. I already have multiple floaters, especially in right eye, but just past couple of day have a new very black, very visible one(like a gnat in my vision)  Any chance hot compresses can cause or compound floaters? Just curious. Got to treat dry though, as is very uncomfortable.
Hot compresses did not cause you to have floaters. In fact, it is one of the best treatments of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. Heating the lids will increase oil production and melt the oil that has solidified in the glands. Apply heat on the eyelids for two minutes in order to warm the oil, resulting for it to flow more freely, and helps soften lash debris. Other treatments you can try are massage (roll the finger upward on the lower lid while looking up, then roll the finger downward on the upper lid while looking down), lid scrubs and flax seed oil on your diet.

But if you are experiencing another different eye problems, you can ask your eye doctor for appropriate care.