Eye Care Community

OPTIC NERVE SPECIALIST REQUIRED

Hi, i have a 5 year old kid that has optic nerve that's not developed good enough, thats atleast what the doctors here in norway says, im woundering if there are any chances of having a surgery that could fix this? He was born with this and probably this is genetic from the mothers side, but they havent done anything about  themself, i need this to work out so my son can live a decent life and  have a "easier" life at school. The doctors in norway says that here in norway there is no chance of fixing this with surgery and this have to stay like this . PLEASE HELP ME!

Regards Tor Arne Norberg

Frustrated father from Norway.
I am sorry, but It appears that this condition cannot be corrected by surgery.
See
http://www.aapos.org/terms/conditions/83