Eye Care Forum

One Eye Dilated

For the past 24 hours, my right eye has been dilated.  I have had a cold for the past few days and sinuses are congested.  Could the sinus congestion have caused my right eye to dilate?  Should I be concerned about the eye dilation and seek medical attention?
Yes, if only one eye is dilated that could be cause for concern.  I would definitely see an ophthalmologist to get it checked out.  Worrisome signs that can be associated with this are a droopy eyelid, double vision, pain, loss of vision.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.