Eye Care Community

Optic Nerve

Greetings,

I hope that all is well with you today. This message is for
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAO or any other qualified professional.   I have been having headaches/migraines since my childhood, im now 28. It seems that of late that it has gotten more frequent so I went to see go see neurologist who prescribed me some different type of pain reliever and referred me to get my eyes checked.  A couple of weeks later(today) I was getting my eyes checked  in which I was given a eyeglass prescription and I was told that my optic nerve was "slightly elevated". There was not much more information given beyond that.  She said an MRI, which was already scheduled, would give us more information and also a date with a ophthalmologist was set.

Now I was not alarmed by the headaches because I have had them since childhood and have had a couple of MRIs in the past that came back negative. But the elevated optic nerve, which wasn't deeply explained, was alarming after I got on the internet and researched what that meant. She did state that it could be the way that my body is wired but that was about it. Is this something that I should be deeply alarmed about?  After reading the implications of an optic nerve I moved my MRI appointment up two days. What are your thoughts?