Eye Care Community

Painful Eye's in the morning

Every morning for the past few weeks when I wake up regardless of the amount of time I've slept my eyes feel very heavy and painful. It lasts for well over an hour everyday. Most of the pain is located at the top of my eyes and behind my eyelid.I usually sleep 8-9 hours a night, sometimes more on the weekends.

Thanks,
This sounds like a recurrent corneal erosion and exposure keratitis. Use the search feature and archives and read about the treatment. Make sure you don't sleep under fan and use a lubricating gel in both eyes at bedtime like Refresh Liquigel. JCH MD