Post retinal detachment and sneezing

Hello, I had retinal detachmet in may, I had vitrectomy, with silicon oil, but in june retina has detached again, it was a small subretinal detachment, I had second vitrectomy (drainage, ednolaser and silicon oil) on 19. of july, and it was successful, I had checkup a week ago, and surgeon told me that this time it's all ok, and that I could slowly return to normal activites. But yesterday and today I started to sneeze, could that provoke another detachment, or not?
Thank you in advance, and sorry if my englis is littlebit bad, I'm from Croatia.
Best Answer
It's not at all likely. Just do not try to stop the sneeze or block off your nose.
JCH MD
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
We wish you luck.
JCH MD
Helpful - 0
I believe him, I just wanted another opinion from you... he really is good surgeon, the best in Croatia, and he has many patients, not only from croatia, but also from other country's in this region, so I don't want to annoy him too much, as he has a lot of work... I'm going next month for a regular checkup, and will hear is it safe to remove silicon oil... I hope everithing will be ok this time...
wish me luck :)
Thank you, Robert
Helpful - 0
You need to believe and listen to your surgeon. No was I can tell from in front of my computer.
JCH MD
Helpful - 0
Hello, I have a queston, again... it's been 63 days from my last surgery. As my surgeon told me that I could return to the most of my normal activities, even riding a bicycle, I want to know is there any risk after that time (63 days) to ride a bicycle, I mean, what is the critical period after the surgery? and I forgot to ask him about weight, I know I can't lift the weight I used to lift, but is there safe a limit of weight to lift?

Thank you very much in advance.
Robert
Helpful - 0
--
Helpful - 0
Thank you for you answer.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community