Prophylactic retinal laser??

I had retinal laser due to high myopia...should i now be prophylactic laser in fellow eye?in fellow eye i m having lattice degeneration at 12 and 1 clock according to my doctor..but i read in medscape litrature that lesion above 6 oclock should not be prophylactic laser?
Please guide..
Often there is no agreement among retina surgeons about when to preventively treat lattice and small round holes without traction. So no way I could offer useful advice.  Best I could say is ask your retina surgeon.  And if you are not comfortable get a second opinion from a different eye MD. Most lattice does not need to be treated I have lattice in both eyes.
I had history of retinal deattachment in one even than it does not need?
I can't tell. If you have a RD in one eye and are highly myopic the risk of RD in other eye may be 5-15%.  However treating lattice with laser or freezing treatment (cryo) is not without rise. So only an Eye MD ophthalmologist that looks in your eye and examines it carefully can advise you. And even then the advice may vary from eye surgeon to eye surgeon.

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community