Eye Care Community

Ptosis

Please help! My baby is 4 months old, he didn't open his eyes for a couple of days after birth. When he finaly did it, they were still mostly closed. We just saw doctor and he said we should do surgery. He said the eyes will not be closed completely after it. I read some posts and noticed that some doctors recommened to wait till the child is older. Are there other ways to treat the ptosis? I am praying for better
Go by what your pediatric opthalmologist. Know also you child will need to see a pediatric ophtahlmologist regularly till an adult. Eye muscle problems, amblyopia and needing glasses are much more common in an eye with congential ptosis

JCH MD