Eye Care Community

Pulsating fogginess of vision

I had this for a few days in the morning when I first wake up and am just sitting relaxedly.  It was barely perceptible so I didn't think much of it.  But this time, I was excercising and when one of the excercises required me to look down, I had this visual disturbance BIG TIME.  It was like I was through a glass that suddenly gets all foggy (like when one breaths on a mirror) and then back to normal, in a pulsating fashion.  It seems the pulse rhythm coincides with my heart beat.  I could also feel my heartbeat on the temple area,but given that I was excercising and looking face down, this part alone would not have worried me.  The going and coming of the vision really freaked me out.  Since I had a more mild version for a few days, now I'm worried.  What could this be?  

Sandy
It could be a due to low blood pressure and a circulatory problem.  Please seen your internist and cardiologist.  You are relatively young but eye and circulation problems can occur especially if you are taking BCPs.

Dr. O.