REGISTERED PARTIALLY SIGHTED

I have received my CV1 and am now registered as partially sighted .my score shows 6/24 in one eye which I understand and CF in the other which I do not can anyone tel me what this means.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm so very sorry about your loss of vision.  FYI the 'CF' measurement stands for 'Count Fingers' which means you can see well enough to count fingers held up at a certain distance.  

For patients with vision so low they can't read a traditional eye chart, a relative scale of visual acuity was developed that is roughly as follows, from best to worst vision:  "counting fingers" (CF), "hand motion" (HM), "light perception" (LP), and "no light perception."

Please do explore some of the low-vision training and aids which are available.  I have an aunt who lost one eye in a car accident and is legally blind in the other (she is CF in the remaining eye from a retina detachment and cornea damage in the same car crash).  She has done wonderfully with training from a group called Lighthouse for the Blind (this is in the US but there are similar organizations in other countries).  

There are many electronic low vision aids available now as well - thank heaven for computers and modern technology to help patients stay informed and connected.  Wishing you all the best.
Helpful - 0
The answer by flossy93 is correct.

Dr. O.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community