Eye Care Community

Random Flashes of White Lights

Hi, I am 19 years old and I am having thes random flashes of white lights that started happening recently. I am pretty healthy but i have been a little stressed. Is this normal? I've been to the eye doctor and they said that everything looks normal but that flashes of lights are not normal..anyone know anything they can tell me???
Since its new it is of concern. It is important that the "eye doctor" you saw was a physician MD ophthalmologist. If you saw a non MD non physician optometrist then you need to see an Eye MD. If you did see an eye MD and the problem persists then see a retina specialist. In the USA find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD