Eye Care Community

Red Bump on Eyeball

My right eye has been bothering me the last several weeks. It feels like there is something in there. My eye has been very itchy, and sometimes sore. Then yesterday when looking in the mirror for an eyelash or something, I found a small red bump on my eyeball, not the lid. To see it, I had to spread open my eyelids and look straight ahead while turning my head to the left. It's in the inner part, closer to my nose. And the area that is usually a healthy light-pink color where all the little capillary things are is bright red. Can someone advise on what this might be or anything I can do to alleviate some of the irritation? Thanks.
Only a real live exam by an Eye MD ophthalmologist can answer your questions. See one soon. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH DM