A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.8k Members

Red Eyeball with Clear Blisters

Hello,

My 15 month old woke up the other morning with on very red eye. It was only red in the inside corner of the eye. There was also a small clear ball (almost like a blister, but clear, no yellowness) sort of half on the white and half on the blue of his eye, pretty much right on the border line. The bump has grown since and has become more like a line around the outside of the blue part of his eye. It is still like a border between the white and blue parts, but has spread around maybe a 1/4 of the iris. He woke up yesterday morning with a small ball on the other eye. He rubs them a lot when he is going to bed and sometimes in the morning. I brought him to our family physician today and she seemed to think it was allergies. She couldn't get a good look, however, he would not cooperate. She gave me a perscription for eye drops for allergies. I am unsure if I want to agree with this diagnosis... the redness has been constant for 5, almost 6 days now. Allergies come and go when presented with an allergen. The constant redness and the blisters are symptoms I personally do not suffer from when my allergies act up and I have never seen them in anyone else. Could it be due to the sun? Or could it be something serious with his vision? I'm starting to worry a little... please help!
1 Responses
711220 tn?1251894727
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Take your child to a pediatric ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.