Eye Care Community

Red streaks on eyelid

One time my left upper eyelid was itchy so i rubbed it, but then it developed red streaks on it. Most of the time it feels like it is swollen. It also sometimes feels hot and still gets itchy but if i rub it or anything it just makes the streaks worse. There is no flaking of skin and it doesn't get crusty, but when i wake up it feels like my eye is only half open. Does anyone have any idea what this is? And should i go to my regular doctor or my eye doctor? Thnaks.
Go to an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org  chances are that it can be cleared up with some antiinflammatory ointment
JCH MD