Eye Care Community

Retinal detachment risk in Dallas

I'm 39 and very nearsighted (contact lens -9.0).  A couple years ago, I was diagnosed with lattice degeneration a some small retinal holes.  The retinal specialist said it looked like there was scarring around the holes and they wern't worsening. I was asymptomatic.

During the last two weeks however, I have started having about 6 flashes a day in the peripheral vision of my right eye.  They're not continous -- just a brief flash and that's it.  

Is this a sign my condition is worsening?  My doctor is at UT Southwestern, but I didn't know if there are better docs in the area.  I live in Dallas.  Any advice, please?
It's a sign a reexam isnecessary. Try Texas Retina Associates

JCH MD
The Retinal specialist said he saw a raised bump in my retina indicated some fluid was getting underneath and causing a "mini-detachment."  He strongly recommended laser treatment, so I consented.  It's been two days and I seem to be doing ok.  I have very dry eyes though and am wondering if you can recommend anything.  Also, how long should I avoid heavy liftting, dancing, and other physical activities?

Thanks,

Chris
Dry eyes: daytime artificial tears like Soothe XP, Opteve, Blinks, etc. hundreds of them. Bedtime Genteal Gel.

Activities only from surgeon

JC MD