Eye Care Forum

Right eye pain when I read

I use eye glasses to read but since about six months I've been feeling a pain in my right eye when I read on any paper or on a computer.I had an eye exam with an optometrist two weeks ago and she told me that everything looked fine except that there is dryness, and that may cause the pain.I only use the glasses to read.

Thanks for your response.
Renrom.
Dry eyes can cause discomfort in the eyes when reading, watching movies or TV and using a computer. Usually its both eyes. This can often be helped by using artificial tears before a session on the computer and each 10-15 minutes look away from the screen across the room and blind 4-5 times.

I also suggest you see a eye physician (Eye MD or Ophthalmologist) for a comprehensive medical eye examination. It will be more thorough and in depth than the exam from the non-physician, limited scope eye care practitioner (optometrist).

JCH III MD Eye MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.