Eye Care Community

Sclera Color Change - Scleral Buckle Surgery

Hoping to get some more opinions...

I had scleral buckle surgery (and tear was frozen, instead of laser, no gas bubble) about 5 months ago, according to my surgeon and other eye doctor, everything is fine and healing as normal.  Recently I noticed on the inside corner of the eye that had the surgery, the sclera is turning grey, some days seems darker than others, does anyone know why this might be?

also your opinion on...
Do you think I will ever get my vision back where the tear occured?
Will my pupil ever "go back down"? (stays wider open than the other, so i cant focus up close, reading is difficult)
I have been able to get some contacts that work, will obviously have to get a new rx soon, but will the blurriness go away?
No,  the tear was treated with cryo and the retinal will not function.  You should not be able to notice this change.  Some pupils never go back to normal.

The blurriness depends on the cause.  If retinal, it may take a long time to improve.  There maybe an epiretinal membrane or cme.  If due to a cataract, surgery will correct it.

Dr. O.
Thanks for the response, I think I remember one of the doctors saying that a membrane seemed to have form at the surgery site.  Can this be taken care of?  Will it contuniue to grow?  What is a CME?

Oh, and any idea about the grey part of my eye?