Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
22.2k Members

Seeing Shadowing But Now Worse with Contacts?

Hello,
I have been seeing shadowing for quite some time now. (Meaning when I read something I see the words and then above it I see the word again but in a lighter color). It makes it very difficult for me to read and see things. I'm going to be starting college now so I wanted to fix this now. So a month ago I went to an eye doctor. She told me I had astigmatism and my prescription was -0.75 and -1.25. I also got glasses. My doctor told me that the shadowing would go away but it hasn't. I called after a day of wearing the glasses and again after contacts and she said that my eyes should adjust. I have been wearing contacts (mainly) and glasses for a month now and I honestly think the shadowing may be the exact same or slightly worse with the glasses or contacts on. (I'm not saying I wear glasses and contacts at the same time..) Sometimes I'll be looking at my laptop or reading something and I have to take my glasses off to just read it. Why is this happening? Am I not meant to wear contacts or glasses? Thank you.
1 Responses
344352 tn?1605238012
I think you need to see an opthomologist asap
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.