Seeing bright spot after staring at light

Okay, I'm 20 years old, had a good eye exam couple months ago, not sure if this is normal but sometimes at night after staring at a bright light source such as the tv for a couple hours then turning off the lights for bed, I notice a dark shadow after image of whatever shape of light I was staring at it, which is to be expected, although then I close my eyes for abit and the after image now turns into a kind of bright circle only visible when I blink quickly? I'ts light the afterimage is slowly decreasing in size. It's in both eyes same exact spot and slowly fades away. it does NOT happen if I'm in a dark room and haven't been staring at a light source.
Like many young people with good eyes and a normal eye exam you are becoming aware of entoptic phenomena. Read the section on wikipedia.com about the various types that many people can see.
Thankyou so very much.
Thanks and thanks for saying thanks. Amazing how few posters do so.