Eye Care Forum

Sight after Cat surger getting worse

Had a standard  mono IOL implant in right eye.  Surgeon said i had a "rock hard" lens when he removed it.
Next day 20/30 sight.
1Week 20/40
2 weeks 20/70
At this exam when we asked about the reduction, he thought it might be the POC and we might need to do YAG.  However, after further examination, he said "no need for YAG, as a matter of fact you will never need it"  Everything look ok.
Sight continues to get worse.  I cannot understand his comment about YAG unless there is a tear or hole in the back which would explain it.
I am thinking that the capsular may have be weakened during the breaking up of the "rock hard" lens.

Should I be concerned?  Is there some specific questions that I can ask that would help me understand what this might mean to my vision.  Not concerned about how it happened, just if I need to be worried about further sight loss.

The timing of the vision decrease raises the possibility of cystoid macular edema (CME), or fluid in the center of the retina.  The likelihood of this increases if there was a capsular tear at the time of surgery.  Fortunately, CME is treatable with topical steroid and NSAID drops.  An OCT will demonstrate CME.  Discuss these issues with your surgeon.  If he does not give you an adequate explanation, then seek an opinion with another ophthalmologist.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.