Eye Care Community

Skin Over Eyelids after Staring Acne Treatment

Hey, I'm Jake and I'm a 15 year old. I recently started a three part (wash, toner, and all day lotion) over the counter benzoyl-peroxide acne treatment on my face. I noticed the fumes really started to irritate my eyes- they were burning and itching all day. Thinking it was best to forgo the pain and go to sleep with the products still on my face, I did. However, I woke up the next morning and my right eyelid was being covered and pushed down by the skin right above my eye.The other eye is fine, but this drooping of the skin enlarges my pupil and makes me look like I've been punched in the face on that side.

Is there anything I can do at home to try and revive that skin lift, or will I need to go see a physician? If so, what kind of specialist would you recommend?

Thanks!
-Jake
If you avoid the OTC acne treatment the problem should go away. Perhaps see a dermatologist.

JCH MD