I will explain complete history, so please bear with me till end. Thanks in advance for the patience. So, basically 3 months ago I was diagnosed with -0.5 cylinder refractive error in my right eye and doc informed me that vigorous rubbing of eye can induce astigmatism. My mind became disturbed after this as i used to rub my right eye a lot due to itching in morning and my dad used to advice me not to rub it. One month ago, in the heat of the moment as i was angry due to guilt, I intentionally tried to change the shape of cornea in my left eye also out of curiosity to see whether it develops a cylinder power or not. I never had used knuckle in past for rubbing and probably this idea striked due to reading articles of Keratakonus where they mention " knuckling". That night , rather than using my finger for rubbing , I tried to use knuckle. And it was not even an effective rub but rather i rolled my fist very hard over the eye by keeping knuckle at a fixed position on the eyeball and even kind of pressed on my eyeball ( compression force to push it inside). I created jerky circling motion over the eyeball and ended up doing something completely weird . From next day onwards, my eye started hurting and on 4th day left side of sclera started picking up redness/congestion. I also developed blur in that left eye for many days like a vapour obstructing vision .I actually waited for 15 days but since pain was not resolving , i visited hospital where junior resident of opthalmology said that everything looks fine after undilated slit lamp exam ( JR's not very experienced though ) . Just after 4 days of this exam, I developed slanted vision in both eyes. I see straight line, be it vertical or horizontal as slanted/bent towards one side on computer screen, mobile . Similarly rectangle looks more of trapezoid. Even whole paragraphs slant sometimes upwards or downwards. Piano keys also look odd shaped and slanted but i dont notice it when i look at people's faces or trees or parks. Now after complete 30 days, I had dilated eye exam and full workup including corneal topography as well as MACULAR OCT and everything came out normal. The clarity in painful eye has restored 80 percent but not 100 percent, pain has also reduced finally after a month by 85 percent. Now, following are the questions in a sequential manner I request you to address:-
1. I am worried as to the fact that i visited hospital pretty late, and if there could be untreated inflammation during initial 15 days post knuckling act. If current eye exam is normal, does it mean that there is no damage at all? can opthalmologists document even minor injuries/changes if patient presents late? ( i am panicky after reading iritis/uveitis)..
2. Where do you think my pain come from? was it muscle strain/trauma. An year ago, i tried pressing on both the eyes with fingers for the first time to see what happens but that time pain lasted only for few days and was mild. First time ever, pain was so evident for a complete month . The pain was as if something is tearing within the eye and was also felt just below eye near the cheek when touched.
3. The eye which was in pain is reporting pressure on higher side. In morning on air puff test ,left eye had 28 and right eye had 16. So we did applanated tonometry on left eye in the afternoon and it was 20. NEXT day i again repeated puff test in a local clinic where it was 22/20 ( 22 in left eye and 20 in right). You decide how to be cautious about it and what to do next , or if its concerning.
4. Even trying glasses to correct refraction of -0.5 R eye and -0.25 L eye is not resolving problem of slanting at all. There are also posts on medhelp with users reporting same slant issue which dates back to 2015 but was closed and no one reported final resolution or treatment plan. The link is https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Slanted-Vision-/show/1828542
5. They did perform slit lamp but did not do gonioscopy. Can doctors grossly check if drainage canals are working properly on slit lamp exam ? without special gonioscope test.
Final comments:- The most difficult thing for me as of now is to reassure myself that i did not cause any permanent injury to my eye . As per above case description and normal eye exams, can we safely assume here that my eye is not changed in any way from trauma. i dont even know if slanting is related to my act as its not only in the affected eye but in both eyes. The symptoms are not going away. I was able to traumatize the eye because i was probably angry in that moment otherwise our reflexes usually stop us . I did by closing the eyelid which made it possible.