Eye Care Community

Small white bump on eyeball

I recently had a problem with my contact lenses specifically my left eye.  I put the lens in as usual in the morning, but by 11 am it hurt so much I had to remove it.  My eye became very bloodshot, and had a lot of itching and burning but no discharge.  I have continued to experience a sensation similar to having something in my eye, and when I used the magnifying glass to look at my eyeball, I noticed a small white bump directly on the eyeball.  I have been trying not to rub my eyes, but know I have done so inadvertently.  Is this bump something to be concerned about, and what might be the reasons for its appearance?  I have never experienced this before.  Thank you for any information you might have.
Usually in contact lens wearers these bumps are "friction" pinguecula related to the contact. Discuss this with your optometrist or ophthalmologist that fit your contact

JCH MD
Thank you very much for your timely reply.
-