I was using Lysol toilet bowl cleaner today and got a bit careless with it. Some of it splashed onto the tip of my nose and I washed my entire face immediately with some water. Lysol's toilet bowl cleaner contains Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide, so it's pretty corrosive when it comes in contact with eyes.
I'm now concerned about whether or not I got any in my eye when I was washing it off my face. I don't feel a burning or stinging sensation, but would it still be harmful in a quantity that doesn't cause any visible irritation? Most importantly, would it in any way weaken the eye's scelera and/or alter the eyeball shape?
My vision is extremely important in my occupation, and I wouldn't want this little incident to affect it in the slightest.
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.