Eye Care Community
22k Members

Spontaneous excessive secretions of rheum on one eye

I'm experiencing spontaneous excessive secretions of rheum in my left eye, for no apparent reason.  When I press my eyelid on this eye, I feel slight soreness, but other than that, I have no other symptoms.  No tearing, no swelling, slight redness but nothing more.  My right eye is fine. Should I go see a doctor??
Absolutely. See an Eye MD ophtalmologist physician. Find one at www.aao.org  or ask you personal MD for a referral.

JCH MD
I am constantly picking on my eyes it feels like an addiction, but my eyes are constantly with excessive rheum. This has been forever I'm 23 and doing this always everyday. And when I wake up it takes a while for it all to come out it gets blurred of how much rheum I have. Is this something to worry about?
Please reply to my email ***@****