Eye Care Community
22.2k Members
Avatar universal


Hey, guys. I was recently diagnosed with a condition called "Strabismus". I'm 23 years old. Are there any low-cost treatments out there?

Also, I was under the impression that Strabismus was the same as being cross-eyed. One of my eyes is weaker then the other. but they both appear perfectly alligned unless I really focus on an object and then my "bad eye" tends to drift slightly to the right. Is it possible the eye doctor misdiagnosed  me? Perhaps I only have  amblyopia?
1 Responses
233488 tn?1310693103
Strabismus is the broad name for ALL eye muscle problems (think automobiles)  crossed eyes is called esotropia and is a specific type of strabismus (think Ford).

amblyopia technically means an eye that does not see  normal even with appropriate glasses.

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.