Strobe-like flashing in vision upon waking

I have been experiencing a strobe-like effect of flashing light in my full field vision immediately upon waking that last for just a few seconds and then resolves.  Not experiencing any other flashes throughout the day.

I am about 3 months post-op bilateral laser rentinopexy for retinal tear in one eye and asymptomatic retinal hole in the other.  Also 3 months of significantly increased anxiety as a result.

Retinal specialist states everything looks good.
Discuss with your retina surgeon. Often this is the scar around the laser changing from dark Adaptation during sleep to light adaptation upon awakening.

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community