Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Sudden Eye Problems

Hi there. Over the last 2 weeks I have noticed my vision change. I cannot read stuff across the room without a great deal of strain and its still blurry. Also I don't feel comfortable driving at night as I cant see street signs. Bright lights hurt my eyes a little. Ive also had frontal headaches. When I first started noticing vision change I went to a vision works and the Dr told me I still had 20/20. and I have a slight astigmatism in my right eye.  5 days ago I thought I was developing a stye but it never really grew into a full blown stye. Now it just seems to leak a lot. Over this past fall I had noticed that it took longer for me to focus on things farther away but it wasn't affecting me the way it is now.

The only real thing I can think that has changed is the potential of a herpes infection, however I was informed on another forum that I was at no risk of catching it. Or the sever stress associated with fear of herpes. Does any of my symptoms, the leaking eye, and vision loss sound like ocular herpes or could the stress/anxiety have made it worse?
Thank you!
1 Responses
I also forgot to mention I feel like I can't focus on stuff. Almost like a dizziness but not so much like the room is spinning but more like I'm floating. I don't know if that makes sense but that how I feel.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.