Eye Care Forum

Sudden swollen around one eye

Around 6 months ago, my upper right eyelid was swollen suddenly. It caused discomfort but not too painful. I didn't see a doctor and took some antihistamine but it took a few weeks to get better and eventually disappeared after around a month. I do not know what caused it.
Yesterday, the area around my left eye was swollen when I got up in the morning. This time is more under the eye and on the upper left cheek. I took antihistamine but I don't see any improvement. My eyes are clear (no discharge) but the area around the left eye hurts a bit when I blink. I have a blister on my inside lower lip for a couple of days (not sure if it is related).
Is there anything I can do to cure this or if I can get anything from the pharmacy or is this something more serious that I have to see a doctor (if yes, will a general doctor help or a specialist eye doctor)?
Many thanks.
you should see an ophthalmologist and preferably an oculoplastic surgeon/ eyelid specialist for appropriate evaluation.

HV
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.