Eye Care Forum

Swollen Eye (or eyelid?) in the morning

My daughter's right eye got swollen as she noticed when she woke up in the morning.  It is not watery or itchy, but just big.  Apparently there was nothing that could have hurt her eyes.  I was reading about Chalazion, etc., on the internet.  What would be a quick remedy?  Warm cloth soak, ice pack, or see a doctor?
Warm compresses are a good first step if a chalazion is present.  Since neither one of us is sure what is going on, my official advise is to see your pediatrician or ophthalmologist for starters.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.