Eye Care Community

Tear gland

I had an accident and bruised the left part of my face, just sparing my eyes. But, my eyelids were swollen and now when i cry, i see that my left eye has less tears than the right one. Will this issue get corrected automatically on its own.
When did the accident happen? Usually, you must apply cold compress to a swollen eyelid around 24 to 48 hours after the injury. And the swelling goes away after one week or up to 10 days. However, if it has happened for several months, you need a professional to evaluate your eyes. It could be due to a torn tear duct why you are swollen eyelid.