Eye Care Community

Theory about glare with PMMA IOL, am I on the right lines?

I had a secondary IOL implanted about 2 months ago, followed by YAG laser about three weeks after the implant.  For a short while after the laser treatment, everything had a very well defined edge to it, in fact it was rather disconcerting at times.  Also there seems to be alot more light entering the eye than before, as though the iris is not contracting as much as it did.

Recently I have noticed something.  In bright daylight or in a well-lit interior, like a supermarket, I do not see any kind of halo or glare around lights.  But once I'm inside, in the office or outside at night, points of light have a sort of glare around them (not a halo, there's no rainbow effect)

I was wondering whether this is a combination of open pupil and the type of lens I have (Bausch and Lomb P359UV PMMA).  Is this just the nature of IOLs in general?  Would this be reduced with glasses?

Many thanks.
Hi, I also have what I would describe as kind of spidery rays of light from around bright lights - generally from ceiling lights - because they are at the outer edge of my vision - I think.

I was told they are caused by light striking the sharp edge at the base outer corner of the IOL, as it becomes bedded into the tissue it has reduced but it is still there.

As It seems to be caused by the shape of the IOL I was told that other makes of IOL with the same shape also cause the problem, hence a change to a different make would not solve the problem.