Eye Care Forum

Thryroid eye disease

I have been diagnosedwith thyroid eye disease but its not showing in my blood is that possible? My eyes have always been produtent but lately my eyelids are red and swollen sometimes purple and more bulgy than ever. I will be getting the orbital decompression surgery but how soon can i have it done as the appearance of my eyes have killed my self esteem. I am from sydney and wondering what is the cost of the surgery? Ninsbaby
Please look into all your options and get a second opinion before orbital decompression surgery since it is very invasive and has a long recovery.  I have no idea about the cost but I hope you have insurance.  It would be unusual, but not impossible,  for all your blood tests to be normal so please discuss that with your doctors.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.