Tobradex for and infant?

Would you recommend an 19 mo. old infant to use Tobradex for a chalazion?  We just got a rx but we are not sure this is safe for an infant under two years old.  The side effects for long term use mention glaucoma and vision problems?  Should I be concerned about this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am an adult and used Tobradex for an eye infection.  I had adverse reactions to it and it made me sick.  Ask you doctor about side effects because an infant is so small.

hsum4
Helpful - 0
Dear India180,

A doctor should monitor your infant for potential side effects.  If you are uncomfortable, ask the eyeMD if other medications and/or treatments might be used.  

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.