Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Toric IOL rotation - correction with LRIs?

Dear all,
I have had Toric Phakic IOLs (Staar Visian TICL) implanted in both of my eyes to correct my hyperopia and astigmatism.
Unfortunately, the lens in my right eye rotated directly after surgery 8 degrees off-axis, leaving me with a residual astigmatism of 1D (the IOL has a 3.75 D cylinder). The surgeon re-rotated the lens one week later but already the next day it was back in its old position (8 degrees off-axis).

Now the surgeon wants to conduct astigmatic keratotomy (I guess Limbal Relaxing Incisions) to correct the residual astigmatism.

I wanted to get a second opinion before I agree to this surgery. In particular, I wonder how accurate LRIs are in this case. Especially given that the axis of my residual refractive astigmatism and the corneal astigmatism are off by ~20 degrees and that the corneal astigmatism only needs to be reduced partially (the toric IOL is still correcting 75% of pre-operative astigmatism)

Thanks you very much!
1 Responses
177275 tn?1511758844
Go ahead and get a 2nd opinion.

JCH MD
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.