Eye Care Community

Trama to my right eye when fishing

Hi there was fly fishing on saturday with a friends who pulled his line out of the water and struck me
full on with his fly luckily the hook did not go in my eye but the fly he was using had a little brass ball on it
like a pellet, my eye automatically watered and went blurred soon after i couldnt open my eye when i did i felt a stabbling pain from the light that night when i got home i had to sat in the dark any form of light caused me pain wether it was passing car lights or tv i have put an ice pack to it also used eye drops and kept my eye cleaned reaguraly rinsing with water, i can now open my eye a little but still blurred and very blood shot and light still hurts
any suggestions would help
This type of injury can cause serious damage to the eye even if the hook doesn't hit the eye. Go to www.aao.org and find an ophthalmologist near you and call and try and get and emergenecy exam today. And from now on always wear eye protection when fishing.

JCH MD