Eye Care Forum

Transparent little bubbles on white of eye

My daughter has had tiny transparent little bubbles on the white part of her left eye and redness since July. The eye doctor has prescribed Lotemax twice and the bubbles and redness of her eye go away until she stops the drops. The last treatment included Zithromax and antibiotic drops for the eye. The redness went away but the bubbles did not. The doctor also ordered all kinds of blood tests and all of them came back negative. Her next suggestion is to do a biopsy. I wonder if anyone has encountered these tiny gelatin type mass of bubbles?
If it is a sheet of tiny bubbles it could be xerosis or extreme dryness which can also be related to chronic vitamin deficiencies, particularly vitamin A.  I really cannot make any more comment without seeing it but I strongly recommend that she see a pediatric ophthalmoloigist to make sure you are on the right track.  Sometimes these little cysts can be totally harmless, other times it they are quite impressive, it could be something more concerning.  I'm not sure about her situation, but definitely intrigued.

MJK MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.