Eye Care Community

UNRESOLVED !

If someone hits you in the temple hard and knocks you out and now you have Floaters , flashes of light in the bottom corner and vitreous degeneration only in the left eye just after you were hit than seems to me that would be the reason for it not old age ? Any help from you would be greatly appreciated .    

Thank You Very Much !                                                    
That's pretty obvious!! The most common cause of posterior vitreous detachment is normal aging changes but severe trauma as you describe can cause a traumatic PVD. Moreover the symptoms you describe are very troubling and I strongly suggest you see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible to see if you have a retinal detachment, retinal tear, vitreous hemorrhage or a type of retina trauma called a retinal dialysis.

Additionally if you have any systemic symptoms you should see your personal physician as that injury can cause a concussion, skull fracture, subdural hematoma and other severe injuries.

I hope you have also reported this assault to the police.

JCHMD