A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.8k Members

Unsure of What to do with Myopia

Hi!

I'm 26 and have myopia on both eyes since childhood (left eye is 250 and right eye is 350. I don't know if this are the correct values used to indicate the eye/s myopic level.). My last visit to an ophthalmologist was 5 years ago.

I suddenly noticed a very small flash of light in my vision (only for a split second) when I moved my eyes or head fast. This symptom started last week.

Also, when I usually wake up in the morning I have symptoms of seeing vibrations on certain objects when I stare at it (usually objects with vertical lines). It usually goes away as the day goes by. I already had this problem last year and thinking that it might be just eye strain.

I read that nearsighted people have a greater chance to have eye complications like retinal detachment, cataracts, and glaucoma.

I don't exercise much except just a stepper at home for 10 - 30 minutes everyday. I also have been smoking for 5 years and work as a web designer (that's 8 hours in front of the computer).

Hope somebody in this forum can shed some light into what I am experiencing, because its starting to scare me.
1 Responses
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello? You need you eyes examined yearly with that degree of myopia and because of your symptoms very soon. Find an eye MD ophthalmologist near you and call tomorrow.

JCH MD
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.