Eye Care Community

Unsure of What to do with Myopia

Hi!

I'm 26 and have myopia on both eyes since childhood (left eye is 250 and right eye is 350. I don't know if this are the correct values used to indicate the eye/s myopic level.). My last visit to an ophthalmologist was 5 years ago.

I suddenly noticed a very small flash of light in my vision (only for a split second) when I moved my eyes or head fast. This symptom started last week.

Also, when I usually wake up in the morning I have symptoms of seeing vibrations on certain objects when I stare at it (usually objects with vertical lines). It usually goes away as the day goes by. I already had this problem last year and thinking that it might be just eye strain.

I read that nearsighted people have a greater chance to have eye complications like retinal detachment, cataracts, and glaucoma.

I don't exercise much except just a stepper at home for 10 - 30 minutes everyday. I also have been smoking for 5 years and work as a web designer (that's 8 hours in front of the computer).

Hope somebody in this forum can shed some light into what I am experiencing, because its starting to scare me.
Hello? You need you eyes examined yearly with that degree of myopia and because of your symptoms very soon. Find an eye MD ophthalmologist near you and call tomorrow.

JCH MD