Eye Care Community

Vision not clear after cataract surgery

I'm 60 years old and on November 10th I had a Tecnis Multifocal lens implanted in the right eye. After 4 weeks I could focus about 8" away from an object but all else was not clear, possibly what some are calling waxy or vaseline vision. My eye doctor claimed my vision in that eye was 20/30 but my vision before the surgery was much better in that I could see clearly at intermediate and far distances.

Several days ago I had a second surgery, and they switched the lens to a Tecnis Monofocal. It is still soon after the surgery but the vision is still not clear. Problem is similar to the multifical, I could best describe this as looking through a piece of waxed paper. I'm scared that I will never see as well as  I originally had. Hopefully I just need to give this more time, but my fear is that iol technology is still imperfect. Does anyone know if this cloudy vision after an iol is implanted is normal? If so, how long will it take for this cloudiness to go away?
Many causes.  Make sure the retina is ok.  Get an OCT test of the macula.

Dr. O.