Eye Care Community

Vision problems when driving

When I am driving as a car passes me in the left lane I start to see everything frame by frame. It is sort of a strobe like fashion or kind of like I am blinking repeatedly. The cars in front of me will be far away and suddenly appear close to me. This has been happening for 10 years on and off.

Should I be driving at all?

What could this be?

Should I see a neurologist?

I am on on Luvox, Ritalin, Trileptal, and Risperdal  
Yes see a neurologist and if possible a neuro-ophthalmologist.  If you've driven for 10 years without it getting worse and without having an accident it would seem not to be an impediment to your driving or your health.  JCH MD